How to Get Angelina Jolie's Lips
One of the things Angelina Jolie is known for are her large, full lips. To achieve a similar look, try exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush before soothing them with a lip balm. You can also use makeup to fill in your lips, making them appear larger by strategically contouring and highlighting each lip. For a quick fix, try using a lip plumper, which is made of a lip-boosting formula that you apply just like lip gloss.
Exfoliating and Hydrating Your Lips
Exfoliate your lips using a toothbrush for 1-2 minutes.Rub the toothbrush back and forth against your lips, getting rid of any dead skin. As you exfoliate, your lips may become red and puffy due to irritation, but this is normal.
- Use a separate toothbrush from the one used on your teeth if you’d prefer not to get dead skin on it.
Wipe the dry skin from your lips using a washcloth.You can wet the washcloth, if desired, wiping it along your top and bottom lips to remove the dead skin from exfoliation.
Apply a lip balm to your lips to hydrate them.Exfoliating your lips might cause them to feel dry and irritated, so it’s best to put on a moisturizing lip balm. Once your lips are hydrated, they'll appear larger.
- Look for ingredients such as beeswax, shea butter, and lanolin.
Applying Makeup to Enlarge Lips
Cover your lips in concealer to create a nude base, if desired.This allows you to have a blank canvas to start lining your lips, but it’s not required. Apply the concealer to your lips either using a small makeup brush or a sponge. Coat them thoroughly until they’re the same color as your skin.
- Use a non-drying concealer.
Draw on your lips using a lip liner in your desired shade.Either choose a lip liner the same color as your lips or one that's a shade darker. You can line your lips exactly as they are, or you can draw a line a little above your lips to make them look even bigger. Draw the line in thin, short strokes, going around both of your lips.
- If you're overdrawing your lips, go right above the edge of your upper lip or right below the edge of your bottom lip, making them appear larger while sticking to the natural curve of your lips.
- Avoid overdrawing the line on the edges of your lips, as this will make them look unnatural.
- Draw the line a little over the middle of your top and bottom lip for the best look.
- Use a liner with a sharp tip for the most accurate detail.
Contour your lips to create a fuller look.Take the lip liner and draw vertical lines where your lips naturally crease—this is usually in the middle of your bottom lip and below the 2 lines that create your cupid’s bow. Go over the line with your lip liner 2 or 3 times.
- Examine your lips in the mirror to see where your natural creases are.
Blend the contour lines lightly using your finger.Use your finger to gently blend the lines you drew into your lips, spreading them out a little so they don’t look like straight lines.
- Be careful not to overblend the contour lines—rubbing them too much will cause them to disappear.
Brighten the middle of your lips using highlighter.Apply a makeup highlighter right below your cupid's bow and in the middle of your bottom lip using a small brush, creating a pouty look. Dip your brush into some highlighter, tap off the excess, and brush it onto the middle of your lips.
- Blend the highlighter into your lips so that it looks natural.
- You only need to use a tiny bit to create a perfect highlight.
Apply a lip gloss to your lips to add a shine.Once your contours and highlighting are all set, glide a lip gloss over your lips to add some shimmer, focusing on the middle of your lips. The light reflecting from the gloss will make your lips look super full.
- If you prefer lipstick instead of lip gloss, you can apply lipstick to complete the look. However, the highlighter may not show up under the lipstick.
Using Lip Plumpers
Purchase a lip plumper from the store for an easy fix.Lip plumpers have ingredients in them such as cinnamon or menthol, causing slight irritation to your lips when applied which makes them swell. You can find lip plumpers at big box stores or beauty stores, as well as online.
- Check the ingredients in the lip plumper before purchasing it—some have ingredients such as ephedrine which may cause allergic reactions.
Create your own plumper if you have the ingredients at home.You can make your own lip plumper by melting a lip balm over the stove or in the microwave. Mix 0.5 tsp (2.5 ml) cinnamon into the melted lip balm using a spoon, and then pour the mixture back into the lip balm container.
- To remove the lip balm from its original container, twist the lip balm as far out as it will go and use a knife to cut off the end, dropping it into a glass container.
- How long you melt the lip balm will depend on the type you're using and your stove, but wait until the lip balm melts entirely into a liquid before mixing in the cinnamon.
- Use a measuring cup to carefully pour the liquid back into the lip balm container.
Apply the lip plumper like you would a lip gloss.Lip plumpers are made to look exactly like lip gloss, making it easy for you to glide the plumper right over your lips using the applicator. Your lips should start to swell a bit, making them appear larger.
- Be careful not to put the lip plumper on the skin around your lips.
Wipe off the lip plumper before applying lipstick or lip gloss.You don't need to keep the lip plumper on all the time—it's main purpose is to stimulate your lips and make them swell a bit. Once you've accomplished this, you can wipe it off with a clean washcloth.
- Lip plumpers tend to only last 1 or 2 hours, depending on the specific type.
Getting a Procedure to Enhance Your Lips
Have a Botox procedure done to enhance your lips.Instead of actually filling your lips, Botox just eases the muscles around your mouth. This makes your lips curve outwards and look bigger. The procedure only takes a minute or two and usually costs between 0 and 0 per session.
- Avoid getting too much Botox injected into your lips—this will make it hard to move your mouth for important tasks like eating and drinking.
- Botox injections won't last forever. Depending on your specific lip type and how much Botox you get, you'll need to go back eventually once the effects wear off.
Use lip fillers to plump up your lips semi-permanently.Lip fillers are injections that go into your upper and bottom lips to make them more full. There are lots of different kinds, and your plastic surgeon will evaluate your lips to help you choose the best one. The procedure takes about 15-30 minutes, costing between 0 and 0.
- Lip fillers typically last 6-8 months.
- Your lips are numbed before the filler is injected.
- Juvederm is a popular type of lip filler.
Opt for a lip implant for a permanent solution.Lip implants such as PermaLip are inserted into your lips by a professional. After a consultation where your plastic surgeon decides what size implant would be best, the implant is positioned underneath the lip fat. The entire procedure takes about 30 minutes and costs between ,000 and ,000.
- Your lips are numbed before the procedure takes place.
Be aware of the risks associated with surgical lip procedures.While cosmetic procedures may cause your lips to feel sore, red, or puffy in the following days, they can also lead to some complications. Choose a qualified doctor and talk to them before the procedure to make sure you're aware of any side effects or complications.
- Go online to research qualified doctors in your area, or ask your general practitioner if they have any recommendations.
- Some people may suffer from bleeding or hematoma, but this isn't very common.
QuestionWill licking my lips a lot help them get plump?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot really. The saliva will only dry out your lips. It will be better if you don't lick your lips too much, and focus on other methods instead.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make my lips lighter?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could try a scrub made of sugar and honey on your lips to lighten them.Thanks!
QuestionMy lips are dark at the side, and I think it's due to biting. How do I make my lips color more even?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThat's actually quite typical and dark corners aren't bad. if you really don't like them though, you can just cover them up with a nude lipstick that is almost the same color as you lips, that way it won't be noticeable.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make my lips look smaller?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionWhat brands of lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss are perfect for the Angelina Jolie look?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererI really like Bite Beauty lip liners and lipsticks, but MAC lip glosses are my absolute favorite. They're super thick and sticky, and they last 4-5 hours before you have to reapply.Thanks!
QuestionI liked a guy for a long time. Some time later he too started liking me. Things happened and then I left him. His presence makes me uncomfortable. I don't even like looking at him. What do I tell him?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererIf you're still together, pull him aside in a quiet, private spot and tell him that he's a really sweet guy, but you don't feel that spark anymore. If you're not dating him and you don't see him much, then just let him be. Try not to be in small groups (2 - 5 people) with him because you have to address everyone when talking. A large group is a better option. If you really can't stand to even look at him, try to avoid him in a way that's not obvious. Tell your best friends about this so that they can help you get away from him if needed.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get Kylie Jenner's lips?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererIf you really want her lips, be like her and get lip injections. If you don't want all the blood, bruising, and the hole burned in your wallet, over line your lips. If you have wide set-lips, over line the lower lip and upper lip just in the center. If you already have some volume in your lips but they're small, over line just the outer corners.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is lip enhancing technology?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLips can be injected with collagen and other fillers to make them temporarily plumper.Thanks!
QuestionI don't want an injection, but the other methods don't work for me. What should I do?IntotheparkCommunity AnswerOne product I swear by is the Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme. It helps to create plump lips. If that doesn't work, then use the Skyn Iceland Lip Mask. It works really well on my lips.Thanks!
QuestionWhich MAC Lip Duo or lip kit is perfect for getting Angelina Jolie's lips?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererGo with a nude or red lipstick topped with a matching gloss. Avoid matte lipstick because it makes lips look smaller.Thanks!
- Add bronzer under your lips with a small brush to create the illusion of a shadow. This makes your lips look as if they're hanging over.
- While lip gloss is the best option, red lipstick is known to make lips look bigger.
- If you use a lip plumper and your lips are burning, this may be an allergic reaction. Wash off the lip plumper and avoid using it again.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Français: , Русский: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: Angelina Jolie Makeup Transformation Tutorial
Money Saving Tips for Household Cleaning Supplies
Amazon Prime Day site problems show explosive growth of Prime
Psst Dit zijn de geheimen van mensen die nooit moe zijn
How to Make a Lolita Minitop Hat
Sugar Me Smooth Kit Review
Learning to Love Silence: Life-Changing Meditation
Emile Hirsch interview
Cyclopentolate Ophthalmic Reviews
What Is Fisting, Really
This 3-Year-Old Helped Police After His Mothers Car Was Hijacked
Labor Delivery: Your Childbirth Choices
Urban Outfitters Opens Leicester Store
Top 7 Magnesium Rich Foods You Should Include in Your Diet
Jimmy Choo for HM