How to Get Slimmer Thighs
Doing 20 squats each morning is a great start to keeping your thigh muscles strong. If you feel like 20 squats is not enough to give you a good workout, do more until you feel like you’re challenging yourself. Be careful to not go overboard though!
Squats not only exercise the thighs, they also work out your hips and buttocks. There are many variations on the basic squat including jump-squats, wide-stance squats, split squat jumps, and goblet squats - some of these are below. But to start, don’t worry about adding weight or doing anything too fancy. Simply stretch your arms in front of you and start squatting.
How to do it:
- Put your arms straight out in front of you, parallel to the ground. Keep your spine in a neutral position. Don't round your back or hyper extend. Your weight should be on the heels and the balls of your feet, as if you were pasted to the ground. You should be able to move your toes freely.
- Keep your body tight the entire time.
- Breathe in, break at your hip, and push your butt back. Keep sending your hips backwards as your knees begin to bend. It’s important that you start with your hips back, and not by bending your knees.
- Keep your back straight, with your spine neutral, and your chest and shoulders up. Keep looking straight ahead.
- As you squat down, focus on keeping your knees in line with your feet.
- Squat down until your hip joint is lower than your knees (what we call parallel). We are looking at your hip joint here, not your thighs. Depending on the size of your thighs, your squat may appear to be less deep than it truly is. You can go deeper than this, however, anything less than parallel is a partial squat.
- Once at the bottom, it’s time to stand back up.
- Keeping everything tight, breathe out and drive through your heels (keep the balls of your feet on the ground as well).
- Drive your knees out the same way you did on the way down, and squeeze your butt at the top to make sure you’re engaging your glutes.
Video: 15 min BURN THIGH FAT WORKOUT (NO JUMPING!) TO SLIM INNER THIGHS & LEGS
Fast Food Is Saltier in U.S. Than Overseas
How Gisele Bündchen Made 47 Million LastYear
Skillet Lemon Chicken
How to Tuck in a Shirt
How to Keep Bugs Out of a Pool
Tandoori Chicken Breasts on Pitas
How to Deal with Bullies at School
How to Make a Galaxy Mirror Cake
Major Companies Join White House Efforts to Close the Diaper Gap
4. Difficult does not mean impossible