How to Record a Google Hangout
This entire article is obsolete and has been for over a year. Google Hangouts no longer supports integrated recording unless you purchase G Suites Enterprise.
You can record your video calls or chats on Google Hangout through Hangouts On Air. From there, you can directly publish and broadcast your recorded video on YouTube. Of course, you can also opt to keep your video private and download it to your computer from YouTube. Your Hangouts On Air session can only be recorded from a web browser. You can still join Hangouts through the Hangouts mobile app, but you can’t trigger any recording from there.
This article has been marked as historical.
The topic of this article is no longer active, no longer ongoing, or does not exist. (Posted 2019-05-10).
Creating a Hangout on Air
Go to Google+.Open any web browser and visit the .
Sign in.Click the “Sign in” button on the top right corner of the main page. The Google sign in page will load. Enter your Google ID and password, then click the “Sign in” button to proceed.
Go to Hangouts.Click the “Home” button on the top left corner of the main page to bring down the main menu. Select “Hangouts” from here, and you will be brought to the Google+ Hangouts page.
Go to Hangouts On Air.Click the “Hangouts On Air” tab on the header.
- Hangouts On Air is where you record your virtual hangout or chat for publishing and broadcasting online.
Create a Hangout On Air.Click the “Create a Hangout On Air” button on the header banner. A window will appear where you need to input some basic details about your hangout.
- Give the hangout a name by typing it in the first field.
- On the next field, type in the description of your hangout.
- Indicate start time. You can choose between the “Now” or “Later” buttons for the start time of your hangout. If you choose “Later,” you will have to set the date, time, and duration of your hangout.
- On the last field, type in the names of the people, circles, or email addresses you’re inviting to this hangout. You can also make it public so everyone can see it.
Recording a Hangout
Select the hangout.Click the “Home” button on the top left corner of the page to bring down the main menu. Select “Events” from here, and you will be brought to the Google+ Events page. All your events, including the hangout you’ve just created, will be displayed here.
- Click the hangout you want to start and record. The hangout’s page will load.
Start the hangout.On the designated start time of your hangout, click “Start” on the video box. A Google+ Hangouts window will open. This is the main video screen for your hangout.
Wait for your friends and guests to join your hangout.You will be able to see them on your screen once they join.
Start broadcasting.Once you’re ready to record your hangout, click the “Start broadcast” button on the bottom bar of the Hangouts window. You are about to go live now, and your video will be streamed live on Google+ and YouTube.
- You will see “LIVE” on the bottom bar as you conduct your hangout.
Stop the broadcast.Once you’re done with your hangout, click “Stop broadcast” on the bottom bar of the Hangouts window. You will now be taken off the air.
- Your hangout will be recorded and published on Google+ and YouTube under your Google account.
Can start recording a hangout started by someone else?
Video: How to Use Google Hangouts to Record Video and Interviews
How to Not Get Caught Playing Computer Games
Take a Visual Tour of Vienna’s Oldest CoffeeShops
How to Act Like a Mermaid at School
How to Get Perfect Cheekbones With Makeup
Cara Delevingne and Pharrell Look Achingly Cool in These New ChanelAds
The Best Fall Campaigns: Donna Karan, Prada,More
Inside Hareide Designs Mega Yacht Complete With Private Beach
The prehistoric paleo diet actually did include cereals
24 Chic Ways To Style Your Little Black Dress
MATCHESFASHION.COM Discount Codes 2019
Relax In The Lap Of Bohemian Luxury At Scorpios Mykonos
Far-right activist Robinson appointed adviser to UKIP leader