How to Use Photofiltre
Photofiltre is a popular freeware application that performs a variety of photo editing and processing tasks. The program is available free of charge for non-commercial use from . Users who know how to apply Photofiltre effects can process and enhance images stored on a computer hard-drive and save them in multiple formats. In this article, you will learn how to edit images in Photofiltre and apply some of the basic processing effects and filters.
Resize an image in Photofiltre.Click the "Image" tab on the menu bar and select "Image Resize" from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the entries in the width and height fields using the corresponding up and down arrows next to each field.
- Adjust the entries in the resolution field to lower or increase the resolution of the image. Notice that the preserve aspect ratio field is selected, so that the original aspect ratio will be maintained. Click "OK" when you are satisfied with your changes.
Rotate an image in Photofiltre.Locate the "Rotate Image" icon on the image adjustment toolbar, which is on the far right below the full screen view icon.
- Click the "Rotate Image" on the right to rotate the image 90 degrees to the right. Click the icon again to flip the image 180 degrees. Click on the icon to the left to rotate the image 90 degrees to the left. Click the icon twice more to flip the image 180 degrees to the left.
Apply automatic image adjustments.Photofiltre provides several automatically applied image adjustment features. Most of these features are accessible from the image adjustment toolbar and allow users to alter aspects of an image, such as the color, levels, contrast, sharpness or softness.
- Apply the auto levels effect to an image by clicking the "Auto Levels" icon, located on the far left side of the image adjustment toolbar. The auto levels feature automatically adjusts the lighting and shadows of an image.
- Apply the auto contrast effect to an image by clicking the "Auto Contrast" icon, located on the far left side of the image adjustment toolbar, next to the auto levels icon. The auto contrast feature automatically adjusts the balance between the brightness and the contrast of an image.
- Apply the auto sharpen effect in Photofiltre by clicking on the "Auto Sharpen" icon found on the image adjustment toolbar, in between the blur and reinforce icons. The auto sharpen feature enhances the fine lines within an image, making images appear more detailed.
- Apply the blur effect in Photofiltre by clicking on the "Blur" icon found on the image adjustment toolbar, just to the left of the auto sharpen icon. The blur effect softens the fine lines in an image, rendering details less noticeable.
Crop an image in Photofiltre.Click and drag over the section of the image you would like to crop. Notice how the selected area is now outlined with a flashing, broken, square or rectangular shaped box.
- Resize the area by clicking and dragging on the edge of the outlined area up or down, or to the left or right. Click the "Image" tab and select "Crop" from the drop-down menu to crop your image.
QuestionHow can I insert an arrow, circle and then insert text?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUse Microsoft Paint or anything other than the basic image editor. If you have Linux, you can use LibreOffice Draw, if you have an Apple based operating system you can use Gimp. In Paint, the three options you asked for are found in the bar above the drawing area.Thanks!
- When using the Mozilla Firefox browser to download and install Photofiltre, copy the program short-cut from the application folder. The installation wizard does not place a short-cut in the programs menu or on the desktop. Once the Photofiltre installation wizard closes, locate the rainbow filmstrip icon labeled Photofiltre and place a copy on the desktop.
Video: How Use Photofiltre
10 Versatile Summer Pieces for Your Closet
Top 16 Celebrity Fit Moms
How to Burn Dreamcast Games
How to Develop and Design a PowerPoint Presentation
The Downton Abbey Film Is Happening Sooner Than You Think
60 Half Sleeve Tattoos For Men – Manly Designs And Masterpieces
How to Proselytize a Muslim
DIY HAIR TUTORIAL: BRAIDED WEDDING HAIR FOR BEGINNERS
Road Trip this Labor Day Everything You Need to Know
Fresh Turmeric Red Lentils Recipe
15 Ways To Wear Super Trendy Raw Hem Jeans
Ensure Your Style Always Stays Cool
How to Write Nursing Credentials