Make It Yours Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice mix, honey, and vanilla extract in a small pot.
- Add the milk, stir together, and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on the pot so that the milk doesn't boil over!
- Split the coffee into two mugs. When simmered, pour half of the pumpkin spice mixture over each. Add whipped cream if you'd like.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Consider this recipe a starting point—it's highly customizable to your taste buds and nutritional preferences.
- Honey swaps: You can use agave, maple syrup, plain sugar, or a of your choice.
- Coffee options: Brew your favorite cup of joe. Instant, strong brewed, weak brewed, decaf—any type will work for this recipe. You can also add a shot of espresso.
- Milk swaps: Whole milk adds creaminess, but it is higher in calories and fat than other options. You have options. To reduce fat and calories, use skim milk. To make the recipe dairy-free, use almond or soy milk. If you're using vanilla almond or soy milk, you can omit the vanilla extract, and if you're using sweetened milk, you can omit the honey.
Cooking and Serving Tips
If you have the individual spices available at home, crafting your own batch of pumpkin pie spice is just as easy as buying a little jar of it. The recipe is standard across most brands. For one batch combine:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves
Remember, for this latte you only need half a teaspoon of the mixture per cup. Half or even quarter the batch if you won't be using it often.
Always read the ingredients label when buying canned pumpkin. It should list only one ingredient: pumpkin.
Some brands may have added sugar—you don't want any of that.
Since you're only using a few tablespoons from the can, transfer the rest to an airtight container and keep in your fridge for up to seven days.
Video: KETO PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!
All About Crohns Surgery and Side Effects
This Powerful Cream Smooths And Firms Skin—And Its Half Off This Week
How to Stop Vaginal Itching
How to Boost Your Health with Tea
4 Simple Moves For A Better Butt
The Everyday Societal Pressures Of Being A Woman
A small glass of wine and women could be over the limit
5 Steps to Make Over Your Style
Pringles releases ramen chicken flavor
How to Do an Upward Facing Hip Twist