Saved by the Bell
Get midday inspiration to eat healthy, fun food tips, product finds and guilt-free recipes from the girl who really knows her food.
Taco Bell Survival Guide
Thanks to two little words, Taco Bell can be a guilt-free haven for the very hungry. Order anything on the menu "Fresco Style" and the taco slingers at this Mexican mecca will swap the fatty cheese and sauce for their tasty Fiesta Salsa. You can transform almost any of their menu items into a lower calorie, reduced fat version, PRONTO! In fact, we found a slew of items that clock in with 330 calories or less and no more than 7g of fat, when ordered Fresco Style. Here they are, followed by an HG fave, a shocker, and how to handle a sweet-tooth attack at The Bell…
Fresco Style Finds!
- Side of Pinto Beans (120 calories, 2g fat)
- Side of Mexican Rice (130 calories, 2g fat)
- Grilled Steak Soft Taco (160 calories, 4.5g fat)
- Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco (170 calories, 4g fat)
- Spicy Chicken Soft Taco (180 calories, 6g fat)
- Beef Soft Taco (180 calories, 7g fat)
- Beef Soft Taco Supreme (190 calories, 7g fat)
- MexiMelt (190 calories, 7g fat)
- Chicken Gordita Baja (230 calories, 7g fat)
- Steak Enchirito (230 calories, 6g fat)
- Chicken Enchirito (240 calories, 5g fat)
- Grilled Steak Taquitos (260 calories, 7g fat)
- Bean Burrito (330 calories, 7g fat)
- 1/2 Lb. Bean and Rice Burrito (330 calories, 7g fat)
HG's Fave: Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco, Fresco Style – 170 calories and 4 fat grams for a fast-food find is super-impressive. This one's filled with chunks of juicy grilled chicken, which we find more satisfying than some of the other meats that are shredded or ground. This taco ROCKS!
Salad Shocker!TB's Fiesta Taco Salad is one party we don't want an invite to. 840 calories plus 45 fat grams is pitiful for a bowl of lettuce (it doesn't help that the "bowl" is actually an edible fried taco shell).
Sweets at The Bell: With 170 calories and 7 fat grams, a bag of the airy, sweet, crunchy Cinnamon Twists is THE best way to do dessert at Taco Bell. Pass on the Caramel Apple Empanada—it's fried dough filled with sticky apple and caramel goo! Okay, we admit it—it's hard to make that hot apple pocket sound bad (we tried!). But 290 calories and 14 grams of fat strips that pastry of all its appeal.
Video: saved by the bell the aftermath part 1
How to Write an Entry Level Resume
Prince Harry Opens Up About Princess Diana and Marriage
Meghan Markle Just Crashed Another Australian Designers Website by Wearing a Dress
French minister warns of new Cold War from USChina tensions
21 Iconic French Women Who Inspire The Way We Dress
Katie Holmes Debuts the Exact Bangs You’ve Been Thinking AboutGetting
Accessories Fall-Winter 2014-2015
The Truth About Zero-Calorie Foods
Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer Review
5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Using Clay Water Pot
Is It Safe To Put A Dildo In Your Butt
Would he return to direct another episode of The Walking Dead
FIRST LOOK New Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 poster unveiled
A new survey has revealed that men and women cheat for totally different reasons