Valencia Orange Flan
Called the national dessert of Spain, flan provides a creamy, delicate conclusion to a meal. Using the citrusy-sweet juice of oranges -- another regional specialty of Valencia -- flan continues our party's themes of summer freshness and ease. For a large crowd, you'll need to double the recipe and use two pans.
- Prepare Caramel:In a heavy medium-sized skillet, combine sugar and orange juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- When boiling process begins, stop stirring. Holding handle of pan, gently tilt the skillet off the heat to distribute color evenly as sugar caramelizes. When sugar reaches a uniform amber color, pour into a heat-proof 10-inch pie plate.
- Prepare Flan:Place a shallow baking pan in the lower third of oven and add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine half-and-half, heavy cream, sugar, and orange zest; bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks. Blend 1 cup of cream mixture into the yolks. Stir egg-yolk mixture back into saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in liqueur. Pour into prepared pie plate and place in the baking pan partly filled with water in the oven.
- Bake uncovered 1 1/2 hours or until knife blade inserted in center comes out clean. Remove flan and water bath from oven; cool on a rack, cover, and refrigerate 4 to 5 hours.
- To serve, run a knife blade around the edge of the flan, then carefully invert it onto a rimmed serving plate. Allow a moment for the caramel to drip onto the flan. Carefully lift pie plate. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Video: BIZCOCHO VEGANO | Sin huevo y sin lactosa | Quiero Cupcakes!
Your Year Ahead Horoscopes: Cancer
Peanut Butter Pie
DIET IN A DAY: MAX WHITLOCK
How to Make a Gluten Free Fall Harvest Cake
Balmain x L’Oréal Lipstick Line: A Diverse Collection
Youll Flip Over Christina El Moussas Insanely Gorgeous Kitchen
Blood Test Might Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early, Study Finds
Need More Inspiration
Jane Fonda has bravely spoken for the first time about being raped and sexually abused as a child
How to Store Sliced Cucumbers